1. I grew up in a small rural town in northeast Wisconsin called Goodman. My high school graduating class was a ginormous thirteen people…including me. Yes, you read that correctly..13, as in 1-3. I’ll answer the question that is going through your mind right now: No, we did not go cow tipping!
2. I was a cheerleader in high school…and in college. Yep, spirit fingers and herkies were my specialty!
3. Country music is my fave! In fact, my very first concert ever was Randy Travis with my parents. Thankfully, I’ve refined my country tastes since 5th grade…now I find a way to see Zac Brown Band whenever possible!
4. Most women seem to love shoes. Me? I harbor an obsession with jackets…all seasons, all styles…I don’t discriminate. At last count I had 17. And I can assure you I didn’t pay full price for a single one. Which leads me to number 5…
5. Clearance racks/sections beware! I troll them wherever I go. Nearly everything I buy has come from the clearance section: shoes, clothes, kids clothes, jackets (see #4!), sheets, home decor, furniture, you name it I find it on clearance. It’s a total high for me to get a good deal. I would also be the weirdo that when someone says they like this or that I will instantly become an animated storyteller and recount what a fantastic deal I got.
6. As much as I love a deal, you will not find me getting them at WalMart. Cannot. Stand. Shopping. There! After too many instances of waiting close to 30 minutes to check-out I gave up that store for good. Let me just a paint a little picture here for full effect: 17 shoppers all descend upon the registers at the same time, of the 30 available registers only two are open, all 17 of us cue up and wait at two registers while nine other WalMart employees mill around the registers avoiding eye contact or being helpful. I have a good friend who calls WalMart “the seventh circle of hell.” I agree with him!
7. Home DIY/decorating is a serious hobby of mine. If I can figure out how to do the project myself, I will…current exceptions include constructing walls, electrical, and plumbing. We do our own landscaping, replace fixtures, and repaint pretty much everything: trim, cabinets, doors, walls, ceilings, furniture, decor (hello…spray paint!!). I can sew simple projects, too, but have discovered that a hot glue gun can do wondrous things! 🙂
8. Halloween is a mere fraction behind Christmas as my favorite holiday. I don’t have as many totes of Halloween decs as Christmas decs…yet!…but I’m certain it’s only a matter of time. Whenever possible I make my girls Halloween costumes. That glue gun I mentioned in #7…Best. Thing. Ever! for creating costumes. I’ve done Tinkerbell, Minnie Mouse, an owl, a witch, a cat, an Indian princess, a butterfly, cowgirl, vampiress, Swan Lake Barbie, and True Princess Dora (google it!).
9. Sheepishly, I admit to the world, I love romance novels. 🙂 Always have. My fave authors: Jill Shalvis, Marie Force, and Kristen Ashley.
10. As a gift to my husband for his 40th birthday, I had boudoir photos done. Yep, I really did…and he (really) loved them!