Here’s a fast, easy, healthy dinner you can prep in 10 minutes and have done in 20-30 minutes.
Grab a big electric skillet or fry pan and layer evenly the following:
– 1-2 pounds ground meat crumbled into pan (beef or turkey are what I have used)
– 2-4 large white baking potatoes, sliced very thin
– 1 med to large yellow onion, sliced very thin
– add salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like (I add garlic powder and parsley)
Cook with a cover on until the potatoes soften and the ground meat begins to get darker with a crunchy layer on the bottom. (I use an electric skillet and cook at about 325). Once the potatoes have softened, crack some eggs over the potatoes, turn down the heat and cover. Check occasionally until the eggs reach desired doneness. Add a sprinkle of cheese over and let it melt, if desired.
That’s it!! Done!! This is obviously a starch heavy dinner so not one that you would use more than once per week (less than that if you are eating potatoes for other meals). No sugar, no chemicals, good protein and carb source. And, the best part?? Easy, fast, and relatively cheap!
Some additional “stuff”:
– I use the slicer shown from Pampered Chef to quickly get the onions and potatoes done.
– You could fry bacon first, then use some of the drippings in the pan to add some additional flavor. And sprinkle some bacon bits on at the end.
– Use parboiled potatoes and then dice instead making more of an American Fry or hash.
– Instead of all white potatoes, parboil a mixture of sweet potato, rutabaga, and carrot for a different root vegetable hash.